Providence Church at Work
The following is a list of ways your church continues to be at work while we are in this time of separation.
- ProvKIDS Storytime and Sunday video messages available on Facebook and Instagram.
- Sunday morning suggested activities are being emailed to families weekly. Want to receive them? Please email Lindsay Williamson.
- Love your neighbor letters connecting ProvKIDS with others through letter writing. Sign up today!
- Small Groups continue meeting weekly and are going strong! If you haven't gotten plugged into a small group, now's a perfect time to sign up. There is a place for you here!
- Wednesday Night Live is a weekly online gathering taking place at 7:00 pm CST with Pastor Pierce and a special guest. All middle and high school students are invited to join us on Instagram and YouTube.
- Small Groups are meeting weekly and are encouraged in this time to do Pastor Jacob's Bible & Book Study starting this Tuesday, Apr 27 at 6:30 pm on our Facebook page. Don't worry! If you're unable to join live it will always be there for you to watch in our Facebook videos.
- Financial assistance for those experiencing job loss or unexpected hardships due to coronavirus and other issues is being provided through our benevolence program. In need of assistance? Please email Allison Vines.
- Online Care Groups will begin meeting weekly on Apr 27 with four times to choose from. Learn more and select a group.
- We continue to be in partnership with our local and area counselors. Need a counseling referral? Please visit our Care page.
- Our Prayer Team is praying daily for our church, our community, and our world. In need of prayer? Please submit a prayer request.
- Providing backpack food and basic groceries for families at West Wilson Middle School, Mt. Juliet Middle School, and Rutland Elementary. Through this program, we have provided food for hundreds of children and families in our community.
- Ongoing communication with the Mt. Juliet Help Center. They would prefer financial rather than food donations during this time, so we are providing a check for $2,000 this month to assist with the needs of our community.
- Working alongside Mayor Randall Hutto and the county in long-term recovery efforts for those affected by the tornado and coronavirus. Visit www.recoverwilson.com for more information. More details will be announced soon.
- Caregiving Group is meeting online using Zoom. Join us today, or for more information, email Betsy Hall.
- Centering Prayer is meeting online using Zoom. Centering Prayer is 20 minutes of silent meditation followed by reflective Scripture reading and currently meeting on Fridays at 9:00 am. Interested? Please email Kasey Hitt or Marla Braun.
- Individual Spiritual Direction continues with online one-on-one meetings. Spiritual Direction can offer companionship along your spiritual journey, especially during this stressful time. Learn more.
- Spiritual Formation 101 is meeting online and is a group for those who want to explore classic spiritual disciplines (or practices) using the book Soul Feast: An Invitation to the Christian Spiritual Life by Marjorie J. Thompson. If you'd like more information, please email Betsy Hall.