Teaching Kids About God’s Love
Open to infants through the 5th grade, Providence KIDS is passionate about letting every child know that they are made in the image of God, they can have a relationship with Him, and they can know His love. We help them recognize that the Holy Spirit is at work in their hearts so they have the power to do good and become more like Jesus.
The Weekend Worship Experience Is Simple
Whether you attend worship on Thursday night or Sunday morning, your family is welcomed with love. We teach children the stories of Jesus in a fun, safe environment.
- Beginning at age two, our curriculum provides a solid foundation of faith through storytelling, hands-on activities, and lots of movement.
- In Kindergarten through 5th grade, children dive deeper into following Jesus, while still participating in games and laughter.
Safety in Providence KIDS
Here are a few of the ways we’re committed to child safety:
- Upon check-in, each child is given a name tag with an alphanumeric code. This code matches a tag given to each parent. Parents must provide this tag to pick up their child, and a volunteer ensures it’s a match before a child is released.
- Children are dropped off and picked up outside the door of their classroom.
- The Providence KIDS staff is Red Cross CPR trained and monitors all activities during all services.
- Each volunteer goes through a criminal background check, adheres to our code of conduct, and attends Safe Sanctuaries training, a program required by the United Methodist Church.
Matthew’s Ministry Partners With Families to Meet the Special Needs of Their Children
Trained volunteers seek to provide an appropriate setting for children who may need physical and/or social assistance. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who might benefit from this ministry, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your family is interested in attending Providence Church. This helps ensure that we are prepared to welcome you on your first visit!
Join the Providence KIDS Team!
If you love working with children, we invite you to find your place within Providence KIDS.