The vision of Providence United Methodist Church is to see those who feel disconnected from God and the church find hope, healing, and wholeness in Jesus Christ.
A church isn’t a building, it’s a gathering of people. Over the years we’ve met in a city park, a local hotel, a movie theater, and middle school gym. So, for us, church is not about a location, it’s about people. Providence Church is made up of people from across the Middle Tennessee area. We gather on Thursdays at 6:30 pm and Sundays at 8:00, 9:15 & 10:45 am. All services offer the same worship experience.
Who We Are
Providence Church is a gathering of people who:
- Think church isn’t for them.
- Have been hurt by the church and stayed away.
- Have gone to church all their lives and are looking for something new.
- Seek to do good here, there, and everywhere.
What We Believe
Our vision is to see those who feel disconnected from God and the church find hope, healing, and wholeness in Jesus Christ. This vision drives everything we do. Whether you feel disconnected from God, or have a heart for those who do, Providence Church is for you.
What We Do
At Providence Church we seek to live out our vision through our mission to Seek God, Welcome People, Offer Christ, and Respond by Serving.
- Seek God. Jesus says the most important thing we can do is to love God. We do this together each week. Our services are a blend of old and new, in a relaxed atmosphere with many elements of modern worship. But we also often use liturgy and recite the Lord’s Prayer. We take communion together at the end of every service.
- Welcome People. Our church welcomes and values all people. We believe every person is a child of God and a person of infinite worth. Come as you are and find a place to connect with God and with others. We are made up of individuals and families of all ages and walks of life.
- Offer Christ. Only Jesus can truly change lives. Only a relationship with Him allows us to grow into the people we’re made to be. Offering Christ to our Kids (link) and Students (link) and teaching them about His love is one of our highest priorities. Adults and families meet during the week in Small Groups (link) to study the Bible, ask questions, and form lasting friendships.
- Respond by Serving. We believe that worship should not be confined to the walls of a building. We want to be the hands and feet of Jesus wherever we are. We are a church that can be found serving God and others in our community and around the world.