Compassionate Hands Homeless Ministry
Sheltering those in Wilson County experiencing homelessness during the cold winter months.
A ministry provided by several area churches, Compassionate Hands is a Wilson County homeless ministry providing overnight shelter, meals, and medical assistance during the cold winter months.
How You Can Serve
- Overnight host: Spend the night once per month.
- Provide and serve meals: Prepared at your home and served at the church
- Laundry: Launder sheets at your home.
- Van driver: Approximately 2 hours of driving
- On-call medical advisor: Be available to answer calls from 7:00 pm Friday to 7:00 am Saturday.
- Background check
- Van drivers must have a valid driver’s license
- On-call medical advisors must be licensed medical professionals registered with the state of Tennessee
Thank you, Providence Church! All positions for the 2019/2020 season are filled and registration is now closed.
We look forward to you volunteering for the 2020/2021 season.
Registration will begin in October 2020.