Brooks House Women’s Shelter
Supporting and Encouraging Residents
Brooks House provides a safe, comfortable environment for women and children seeking shelter and connects them with resources to help change their lives.
How You Can Serve
- Help put on special seasonal and holiday events for residents.
- Mentor a resident on skills such as computers, cooking, domestic duties, and interviewing/resume writing.
- Tutor residents and children.
- Assist residents being placed into permanent housing, including moving, acquiring furniture, and acquiring household necessities, such as a stocked pantry, cleaning supplies, and bathroom supplies.
Depends on service opportunity.
- Background check
- Safe Sanctuary training for child tutors
- Ability to lift heavy items, if helping with moving